WEDNESDAY MAY 15, 2019 GREENWICH LIBRARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES MINUTES
The meeting opened atb7:05 PM. Present: Annie Miller, Jim Nolan, Claudia Blackler, Kristen Parillo, Teri Pendergrass, Pat Lamb, Patrice Abate, Walter Grom, Chris Ruland, Ellen Fronhofer, Audrey Fischer.
Minutes of April meeting read and accepted. Approval of new board member Patrice Abate.
Jim presented us with a new application form PROSPECTIVE BOARD MEMBER APPLICATION. He asked all the board members to fill it out and give to Annie.
- Facebook: We’re getting there! 397 likes, 411 followers.
- The GFD open house went well. Lower turnout than was hoped but the company enjoyed having us there.
- The 2014 – 2018 newspapers along with the bound volumes of the Commonweal were FINALLY picked up for their digitization.
- The move:
- Artifacts/historical knickknacks have been
packed and ready for the move this weekend.
- NHS students have been secured for at least some of the weekend.
- We’re splitting things up into two shifts per day: 8 – 12:30 (lunch break pizza) and 1 – 5:30 (dinner break pizza). It’s possible we could get it moved all in one day once we get rolling, we’ll play it by ear. The larger cabinets and desk from Gill 2 will be among the last of the items to be moved.
The first meeting since move will be June 11th.
The plant sale was a success and raised approximately $2,712.00. Karen White did an excellent job organizing this sale.
Contra Dance June 1st. Flyers, newspaper announcements and social media posts have gone out for this event. Audrey will ask if they will provide refreshments for the Contra Dance event.
Annie spoke to Chelsea Henderson about applying for LARAC grant for a music program in 2020.
SALS Annual Dinner on Monday, May 20th. BETTER READERS PARTNERS won the SALS program of the year. This was a combined effort of Greenwich, Salem and Schuylerville Libraries.
Cambridge is raffling off a George van Hook painting – all three libraries have tickets. Can we each get the painting to display?
Building construction on schedule.
It is time to start detailed planning and fundraising for the 2018/2019 construction grant. We need to create packets for large donor asks.
Annie will be on vacation from June 13th to 29th. She will be at the SMALL LIBRARY CONFERENCE Sept. 4-7th. Will use a grant to attend the ProLiteracy conference in SanDiego Sept. 25th to 28th. Board supports her extended absences.
Discussion about FRONT PORCH FORUM which is a community bulletin board. Posts by members are searchable and there is a community calendar. The library can join at no charge for nonprofits.
Jim sent a letter to the Journal supporting the tax levy vote.
Audrey asked if the library could provide a program on how assessments are determined. Jim will ask Sarah Idleman if she has any suggestions on who could present a program.
Claudia Blackler, Secretary